Your ultimate guide to Dubai’s Global Village
You can shop around the world at 30 pavilions each representing a different country
Published: 08:00 November 7, 2016 gulfnews
Yousra Zaki, Guides Deputy Editor gulfnews
What is Global Village?
Global Village is one of the city’s leading family entertainment and cultural attraction. Global Village also offers a variety of dining options from different cuisines, along with thrill rides and children rides at the Fantasy Island. Global Village is a great place to take the family as well as any visitors to Dubai.
When is it?
Global Village is open from November 3, 2016 until April 8, 2017.
The park hours are: Saturday to Wednesday from 4pm to 12am (Entry gates closed at 11.30pm), Thursday’s, Friday’s and public holidays from 4pm to 1am (Entry gates closed at 12.30am)
Monday is a family day (Except on public holidays)
Where is it?
Launched in 1997, Global Village was first based on the Creek side then Oud Metha then Dubai Festival City, until it found a permanent home in 2005 on Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Road Exit 37.
What are the entrance fees?
There is a Dh15 entrance fee. You will also have to pay for your experiences once inside.
How can I get there?
1. Car: Global Village is located at Exit 37, Shaikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road and Emirates Road, Dubai, UAE.
2. GPS coordinates: 25.0676724, 55.3055095
3. Bus: The RTA has set up 2 bus routes to allow the public affordable and easy access to Global Village. The first route (103) starts from Union Station, while the second route (104) starts from Al Ghubaiba Station. The service runs from 3:15pm until 11:15pm, with 30 minutes of travel time.
What kind of entertainment will take place?
Global Village will be hosting shows ranging from stunts, street performances and cultural shows from around the world. A totally of over 12,000 shows will take place in the next 5 months this season.
Check out the events calendar for more details:
1. Firework Show: The firework displays are on Thursdays and Fridays at 9pm
2. Parade: The parade will take place every Friday at 8.30pm
Which are the participating countries?
For the first time ever, there’s going to be a Far East pavilion will be representing the countries of Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, and the Philippines. Also being represented for the first time is the Algeria pavilion, and the Eastern Europe pavilion representing Romania, Serbia, and the Ukraine.
Other participating pavilions include: UAE, Turkey, Jordan, Russia, The Americas, Pakistan, Italy, Lebanon, Palestine, Iran, Morocco, Thailand, Kuwait, Yemen, China, Africa, Spain, Afghanistan, Qatar, Bahrain, Germany, France, UK, KSA, India, Egypt and Syria pavilions.
What can you buy at Global Village?
Retailers will be exhibiting a selection of culturally rooted products ranging from handicrafts, authentic products from their home towns and much more.
What are the special attractions?
1. The Haunted House: The Haunted House is one of the most exciting features at Global Village. Basically you have to walk through a scary maze; covered with all sorts of gruesome objects that will make your skin crawl. The Haunted House will give Guests plenty of scares, but keep bringing them back for more.
Entry ticket is priced at Dh50 per person.
2. The Heritage Village: Operated by the Hamdan bin Mohammed Heritage Center, you can walk through Heritage Village and see representations of what Bedouin life was like back in the day. You can see accurate details of how they camped, ate, and lived, while also being able to see some of the different animals they kept.
Global Village will be home to 19 restaurants that represent international cuisines providing guests with unique culinary experiences. The list of the restaurants include Galito’s, Wok In a Box, Bab Tuma, Reem Al Bawadi and more.
There’s also going to be 120 themed food kiosks offering street food experience covering a large variety of cuisines, and providing guests with authentic flavours and the ultimate street food experience.
The Global Village amusement park is known as Fantasy Land and they offer a variety of different rides for kids, families and adults. Most of the children rides are priced at Dh12 and Dh15, while the family rides start at Dh12. The thrill rides start at Dh25 and go up to Dh75.
04 3624114 or globalvillage.ae